→ Escorial CANCELLED
The performances of ‘Escorial planned on 16th and 17th May at deSingel l, 18th and 19th May at the Vlaamse Opera Gent and 22nd May at 30CC in Leuven are cancelled due to injury by Josse De Pauw, occurred during the premiere of ’Escorial’
Together with the different hall Muziektheater Transparent will look for substitute performance data.
So keep an eye on our website!
→ Caecilia Prize Victoria!
Caecilia Prize Victoria!
On 27th February 2013 the the Belgian Musical Press Association awarded Philippe Herreweghe & Collegium Vocale Gent in the Fiocco Hall of La Monnaie (Brussels) the Caecilia Prize 2012 for the recording of Tomas Luis de Victoria’s “Officium Defunctorum” (LPH005).
We would like to take the opportunity to thank all participating singers for this outstanding achievement, but we do not want to forget our sound engineer Markus Heiland (Tritonus), Executive Producer Frederik Styns (Outhere Music) and last but not least conductor Philippe Herreweghe!
→ Auditions 2013
In 2013 Collegium Vocale Gent organises auditions in:
LONDON 16–18 April 2013
AMSTERDAM 19-20 June 2013
PRAGUE 08-10 October 2013
BERLIN 04–06 November 2013
These auditions are open for excellent choir singers (born after 1975) of all voice types with a high grade of musicality, flexibility and experience in ensemble singing and young soloists.
You will be required to prepare:
1. an aria of your choice by J.S.Bach or G.F.Haendel
2. a Lied of your choice from the romantic German repertoire (countertenors can sing a Song of Dowland, Purcell… )
3. the motet ‘Singet dem Herrn’ BWV 225 of J.S.Bach (only the final part from bar 256) only for choir and ensemble singers
Soloists can sing an other aria of their own choice
Please notice : piano A = 440. An accompanist will be provided.
These auditions are held on the above dates in the presence of Dominique Verkinderen, Matthias Lutze and pianist Jonathan Alder.
Audition venue & schedule: to be announced
In addition to your curriculum vitae applicants are requested to send the following information and materials to email@example.com :
- a personalia form with your name, voice-type, address, telephone/mobile number, e-mail, date & place of birth & nationality
- a picture of yourself
- the complete programme you intend to sing
- optional: a recording with a short aria or Lied as mp3 file (max.5 MB) or a link to your youtube page
Please send good readable and well organised scores as soon as possible to Prof. Jonathan Alder (Stubenrauchstrasse 4, 12161 Berlin – Germany)
Dominique Verkinderen &
Casting Collegium Vocale Gent