COLLEGIUM VOCALE GENT – MASTERCLASS
Masterclass Lied for Young Soloists with Dietrich Henschel
22-25 July 2023 – Teatro del Popolo, Rapolano Terme SI, Italy
This masterclass offers young singers/soloists the opportunity to work intensively with the international renowned German solo singer and vocal coach Dietrich Henschel on the performance and interpretation of the romantic song repertoire by composers like Franz Schubert, Robert Schumann, Johannes Brahms and Hugo Wolff. Belgian pianist Piet Kuijken will accompany all masterclass sessions.
– Selected singers are accompanied by piano.
– Singers are selected by sending an audition video*
– The working language during the masterclass is English.
DATES & VENUES
The 4-day masterclass runs from 22-25 July 2023.
A public presentation concert is organised as part of the Crete Senesi festival. Venue: Teatro del Popolo – Italy > www.teatrodirapolano.it
There is no application fee.
Selected singers pay an admission fee of €500.
Included in this fee are:
– Individual singing sessions
– A presentation concert
– Accommodation from Friday or Saturday until Wednesday
– Light lunch
– Dinner on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with the festival guests
– Free acces to the festival concerts on Sunday evening, Monday evening, Tuesday evening, Tuesday morning and Wednesday afternoon (recital D. Henschel)
All payments should be done before 22nd June 2023 via the Collegium Vocale Gent account:
COLLEGIUM VOCALE GENT vzw
IBAN : BE69 2900 2103 5378
BIC : GEBABEBB
➢ Please mention your ‘NAME’ + ‘MASTERCLASS LIED CVG Crete Senesi 2023’
HOW TO APPLY?
The masterclass is open for a maximum of 8 singers:
– studying/holding a Master’s degree in singing
– born after January 1st, 1990
Fill in the online application form.
The deadline for application is 1st June 2023. Applicants will be informed whether or not they have been selected by 15th June 2023. Feedback on the audition videos will not be provided.
Audition videos (1/applicant) take 15 minutes maximum and should contain:
– Personal introduction stating your first and last name
– 4 songs of at least 3 different composers: Brahms, Schubert, Schumann or Wolf
The required recording pitch should be A=440 Hz.
Please record the chosen pieces in one shot. (An edit of two shorter videos is allowed but only one link is allowed).
Upload your video on Youtube (choose for the option ‘hidden’) and copy/past the Youtube-link into the provided field of the application form.
Please put your name and voice type in the title of the video.
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
Please contact Dominique Verkinderen, our casting & audition responsible via:
email@example.com or Mobile +32 475 97 67 97